"We all move forward when we realize how striking and resilient the women around us are." -Rupi Kaur
The end of February in Maine is often still bitterly cold and covered in drifts of snow, but with the first crocuses popping up and the sunshine warming, signs of spring begin to show. It is during these transitional, in-between times of the year when we may feel isolated, or restless and disorganized, and when it is most important to gather together to ground, tend to ourselves, and support each other. In the Celtic and pagan traditions, February marks Imbolc, the middle point between the solstice and the equinox, and the celebration of the goddess and fertility with fire, ritual, and feasting.
Join Skye Adams for a half-day (four hours) of delicious self-care as we gather as women to shed the bulky, lonely layers of winter and do some spring cleaning for our minds and bodies. The day will include:
- two hour-long yoga sessions: a vigorous flow to stoke and stimulate our inner fire, and a yin and restorative sequence with optional bodywork to cleanse and restore our vitality
- optional quiet time in the infrared sauna to detoxify, relax, and improve circulation and immune function
- making abhyanga (Ayurvedic self-massage) massage oil concoctions and learning self-massage techniques (you'll make a bottle with your choice of carrier and essential oils to bring home!)
- group discussion and suggestions for the creation of simple ways to incorporate self-care, or the idea of ritual as routine
- a shared vegan meal
- homemade detox tea available throughout the afternoon
- free, unstructured time for reading, tea, rest, connecting with other women, or journaling
Maggie O'Donnell, LMT, CMMT, of East West Therapeutic Arts and Willow Wolf Apothecary will be offering gentle bodywork during the restorative yoga class as well as her signature wellness blends and salves.
Early-bird price: $65 before January 25!
Regular price: $75
Reserve your spot soon to take advantage of early-bird pricing, or give the gift of self-care and community to a special woman in your life!